Are you amongst the adventure- lovers who simply cannot miss an opportunity of going out on a thrilling camping trip? If yes, then there are high chances of you coming across confusing situations in your hectic everyday life.
You desperately need to go on a camping trip but, at the same time, are suffering from back pain? What would your preference be- An exciting camping trip or a comfortable and relaxed back? Why not both? This is not any hypothetical scenario to be dreamt of but possible.
With the best camping chair for a bad back, you can surely enjoy your camping trip while being entirely at ease with your back pain. These camping chairs are specifically designed to provide complete comfort for your back. They are portable and handy. If you are a couple and planning a trip then along with the chair, you can take camping mattress too for complete relaxation camping.
Top 5 Camping Chairs for Bad Back Reviewed
So, here are some of the best camping chairs or in a more technical sense – comfortable portable chairs that will solve your problem entirely. This review also comprises of the best comfortable camping chair buying guide and FAQs to simplify the tiring and long process that goes into making a purchase which is both smart and informed.
Thus, continue reading the article to gain a better understanding of camping chairs designed for a bad back.
|ALPS Mountaineering Chair
|ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair
|3||Equipment Folding Padded Hard Arm Chair
|4||3-Position Recliner Chair
|5||Rhino Rack Camping Chair
By Rhino Rack
#1. ALPS Mountaineering Camp Chair
ALPS Mountaineering is a popular name in the market of quality camp chairs. This pick is no exception and completely worth a try. In fact, it is one of the best- selling camp chairs of the company. This is proof enough for its overall efficiency.
Like all the ALPS Camp chairs, this one is quite sturdy and durable. Plus, it delivers another level of comfort to you with more extensive space, padded and curved armrests, pockets or cup holders, etc.
Also, it portable and lightweight helping you enjoy the trip thoroughly and saves you from hurting your shoulders with a huge baggage of ordinary chairs.
- Made of high- quality, sturdy steel connectors and reinforced tubing, this outdoor folding chair is exceptionally durable and strong. This feature ensures long- the life of the product.
- With the load-carrying capacity of 425 lbs, the chair is solid and stable for the overall efficiency of the product.
- This chair is specifically designed to be quickly flat foldable to ensure a compact storage. Also, the detachable back frame and lightweight body make it convenient to carry during your outdoor trips.
- ALPS Mountaineering camp chair is highly stable and comes with a padded curved armrest to provide you with great comfort. The extra tall back support and width size for enough sitting space makes the trip even more delightful.
- The product weighs around 10.5 Pounds with 24″ W × 18″ D × 36″ H dimensions. So, it is not only durable but easily portable too with its lightweight and compact design.
- A high-quality, pro-tech aluminium frame, makes the chair quite sturdy. Also, the fabric is made of 600 D polyester fabric which is highly durable and comfortable at the same time.
- The curved padded armrest on each side of the chair makes it even more comfortable to relax on it with a cup of warm coffee (that you can conveniently keep in the bottle holder) and the beautiful night sky.
- The best thing about the product is its low maintenance. ALPS Mountaineering provides you with an incredible, limited lifetime warranty.
- The ALPS camp chair is available at quite a reasonable price. Considering all its features, this is a low sum, to admit.
#2. ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair
As the name itself suggests, King Kong Chair by ALPS Mountaineering is a robust, strong, durable and compact camping chair. As it is made of powder-coated steel frame; the chair has excellent stability which is quite essential for your general comfort.
Additionally, it is easily portable and comes in different attractive colours, providing you with a variety to choose from. All in all, it is one of the best options among comfortable portable chairs. The chair has two cup holders, two side pockets and a large pocket to keep various things quite conveniently at arm’s length during the trip. With one cup holder on each side, it makes the chair easy to use for both left and right-handers.
The ALPS, King Kong chair, comes with a comfortable shoulder bag to carry the folded chair in, which allows you to enjoy the trip better.
- The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair comes with a strong steel frame that makes it more stable. Thus, the chair qualifies the tests of durability and long life.
- With the ability to support up to 800 lbs weight, this chair is invincible in terms of its load-carrying capacity. Thus, if you belong to the heavier side of the scale, this product is best for you, as it provides a stable and convenient sitting experience.
- Tired of carrying a massive chair to all your outings? If yes, your wish has been granted as this foldable chair makes everything easy and convenient for you. It can be folded and stored in the bag (available with it) which is easily transportable.
- It has a weight of 12.5 Pounds that makes it a lightweight product. As it is easily foldable, you don’t have to worry about the size or transportability of the chair.
- Durable 600 D polyester fabric adds to its resilience. The fabric material is both long-lasting and comfortable at the same time.
- This is one of the best camping chairs available in the market with the armrests on both sides. It is adjustable, which makes your experience with the chair even more convenient.
- The product is easy to maintain with its durable material and sturdy structure.
- The cost of the product is not a high price if considering the overall perks you get with the product.
#3. CORE Equipment Folding Padded Hard Arm Chair
If comfort is your first preference, then CORE Equipment Folding Arm Chair should be your pick. Made with unique soft- to – the – touch fabric, this chair provides you with pure bliss and comfort in the rugged camping ground.
With quite good weight carrying capacity and enough room for your seat, it primarily focuses on providing comfort and luxury. The camp chair has padded fill seat back for providing your bad back full support. Also, hard arm support gives you a comfortable space to rest your hands.
This camping chair is constructed with high-quality steel, the product is quite sturdy and stable. Also, the polyester front makes it extremely comfortable to sit on, even with your back pain. The chair has 600 D polished padded soft- to- touch seat, which makes the front chair fluffy and comfortable for your body.
Along with comfort and durability, the CORE Equipment Chair is good in terms of storage and transportation too. It has all the essential features in its moderately compact frame. Also, it is easily foldable, which makes it easy to store. The structure of the chair is rather sturdy with right- quality steel frame. This makes it more stable for a better posture. CORE camping chair has built- in the cup holder and larger gear pocket to efficiently keep your tools. As in any good backpack chair, the same way CORE chair comes with a carry bag or carry strap that makes it quite easy to store, carry and transport.
- CORE Equipment Folding chair is reasonably durable with strong steel structure and polyester front. Although its strength cannot compete with some of the highly durable camping chairs as discussed above, it is resilient enough and makes for a good purchase.
- 300 lbs weight support capacity makes it fit for average size people. If you are not really among chubby ones, you will surely not regret this purchase.
- The product weighs around 12 pounds which makes it moderate weight and easy to carry in your outings.
- The material constitutes of high- quality soft polyester and sturdy steel; this foldable chair delivers stability and comfort level far superior to any traditional chair.
- Also, this chair has a soft padded armrest on each side for maintaining a comfy posture. This, too, is made of soft-touch quality fabric which again is an extra edge.
- The product is quite easy to maintain. So, you don’t have to be stuck to it on the whole trip for its good maintenance. Also, a carry bag or slang is available with the chair, which makes it more convenient to carry, transport, store or maintain effortlessly.
- This chair is very reasonable in price ($$) for this multi-feature camping chair.
#4. Sport- Brella 3- Position Recliner Chair with Removable Umbrella and Footrest
If ‘all-rounder chair’ term had a face, it would surely be nothing other than Sport- Brella 3- Position Recliner Chair. This comfortable portable chair has some of the best and unique features. It acts as a life saviour with umbrella, footrest and other additional accessories. Also, it is sturdy, lightweight and easy to move. Basically, all your camping chair needs are compiled in this all- in- one camping chair.
The Sport Brella Recliner Chair is easily adjustable in three comfortable modes. You can simply sit, keep your feet on the detachable footrest or relax while laying back on the chair. So, if there is an example of best camping chair with footrest, it is this one.
While enjoying your holiday on the beach, you don’t have to worry about harmful UVA/ UVB rays from the Sun. With an all coverage umbrella, comprising three-way rotation and metallic undercoating, you are fully protected and safe from the hot sun rays. From now on, you don’t have to worry about Sunburns while enjoying your holidays. You get all your stuff, from drinks to headphones, just at an arm’s reach. You can easily store all your possessions in these storage pockets. It also has an attached bottle opener to prevent you from another hassle of finding the bottle opener every time.
The product is quite light- lightweight for its overall structure and features. Another advantage of this chair is that it comes with a removable footrest which makes it even more adaptable and helps you entirely relax your body.
- The product is quite durable with its strong steel- structure. The manufacturers claim it to be strong enough to work years well at a row.
- The chair has 250 Pounds load carrying capacity which, if not exceptional, is not a child’s play too.
- The product weighs around 11.95 Pounds. This makes it a lightweight product on the whole.
- It is made of high- quality steel which is sturdy and lightweight at the same time.
- With armrest and detachable footrest, you get another level of relaxation and correct posture on this most comfortable beach chair.
- The product has easy maintenance with good- quality material. You can only clean and dry it after use to store in the accompanying carry bag.
#5. Rhino-Rack Camping Chair – is rated up to 330 lb – RCC
Rhino-Rack is quite a popular name in the arena of best-camping chairs. As the manufacturers claim, it is one of the most comfortable camping chairs in the market. With all comfort- providing features like high back, solid arms, and stable body, you feel incredibly pleased on this camping chair.
This chair is made of the strong and durable body which has a unique lightweight feature. As most of the chair are stiff and cause backache but here you don’t have to worry about your posture or convenience with high back support, comfortable armrests and pillow-like headrest. This provides you with a stable posture. The high back support lets you relax in any convenient position. You are at perfect ease with this heavy-duty camping chair as it is good enough for all sized people.
This portable chair comes with a large carry bag to easily store and carry it to your camps and trips. And comes with the padded holder, which keep the things warm for a more extended time.
- The chair is sturdy and durable enough to confirm the long- life of the product. This is ensured by its high- quality metal frame and comfortable front fabric.
- With 150 kg or 330 lbs weight holding capacity, the product has a considerably good duty.
- The product weighs around 15 Pounds that is quite a lightweight for a complete for an inexpensive and value for money, camping chair. It is not among best portable ones but works well in a general perspective.
- The product is available with well-structured and comfortable armrests that keeps you at your relaxed position. Also, the pillow-shaped headrest gives complete convenience to your neck, which keeps your back comfortably.
Buyer’s Guide For Camping Chair For Bad Back
No camping chair review is complete without a brief buyer’s guide covering all the essential aspects to be kept in mind. So, without wasting another moment, let’s begin.
While purchasing the best folding chairs, it is crucial to check its brand image. Choosing a reputed brand prevents you from getting into fake claims and terrible after-sales service. Like ALPS Mountaineering, Sport Brella, Rhino-Rack, etc. are among well- known and reliable brands.
An obvious one, the material of the chair is essential too. With high quality materials, the chair has a longer life and better performance.
This also ensures your stability and comfort while sitting on the product. Like, some of the above chairs have soft- to- touch fabric front while others have a strong and corrosion-free metal frame.
In simple words, it is better to choose camping chairs which have good quality and provides better performance of the chair.
Design And Construction Of The Chair
It determines your specific requirements or choices for the camping chairs. For instance, some chairs have enough room to sit while others are too compact. It depends upon your body shape and size that will determine your choice of the product.
Weight Carrying Capacity
This is essential in understanding the overall efficiency of this product. Heavy-duty of the chairs ensure its sturdiness, durability and stability.
So, if weight is an issue for you, options like ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Camp chair should be your first choice. If not, then there are plenty of other options to choose one from too.
External Support With Headrest, Footrest And Armrest
If you specifically want envy- drawing comfort in your camping group, chairs with inbuilt headrest, armrests or footrest are the perfect ones. With comfortable accessories or attachments of headrest, footrest or armrests, you can experience a different level of convenience with this product.
This is, of course, fundamental. Before going for a pick, it is better to decide your budget and choose the right chair according to it. There are plenty of options available in various price ranges as per your demand. You can go for an expensive one or the cheaper products to as per your requirement.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Can I keep my camp chair in the sun?
Although it depends on a chair to another chair, it is always better to avoid it for a prolonged time. Some of the fabrics do not work well with ling exposure to sunlight. In that case, the fabric may weaken, and the colour may fade. So, it is always better to store your camp chair in a shaded area.
Q. Is sea water harmful to my chair?
Yes, it is. Seawater can make your camp chair got rust or corrosion, sometimes even on its stainless-steel body. For this, it is better to go for high-quality backpack camping chairs which are made of good material. Also, it is recommended to rinse clean the chair with fresh water and dry it completely before its storage.
Q. What is the right way to store a camping chair?
For you to store your camping chair, it is advisable to be adequately clean and dry on the first day. Then fold it to store in a carry bag. Although many camp chairs come with their carry bags, if you do not have one, you can use any cloth bag of the adequate size to keep it perfectly.
This will protect the fabric of the chair from any kind of wear and tear as well saves the full metal frame of any sort of rust or corrosion.
Q. Is it worthy to buy expensive chairs?
It depends upon the kind of chair you need. Like, alps mountaineering camp chair is one of the highly durable and comfortable camping chairs with high-quality material that goes into its construction. This makes it slightly costly than the others.
If you are looking for one with such a feature, the quality and product measured. On the other hand, if you expect a simple camp chair just for your basic use, picking a cheaper one can work fine as well.
Conclusion & What to Choose?
In the above article, we discussed some of the best portable camping chairs for a bad back and other essential aspects which you should keep in mind while choosing one for yourself.
It has a detailed buyer’s guide and some frequently asked questions to give you an idea about the product- camping chairs, their maintenance and of course, the ways to choose the best pick for you.
Although the camp, as mentioned earlier chairs are from well- known brands and have amazing features, it is better to choose one based on your unique demands.
Like, some camping chairs have high duty while others are extremely comfortable, some have a sturdy and stable body and others have attractive accessories. So, not everyone can have an option as the best one.
Thus, it depends upon your specific needs to understand, which is the best camping chair for you? By evaluating and assessing your needs and choices well, you will be able to pick the right chair for you within a few minutes.
On the product note, you can surely go for these best- known camp chairs. All you have to do is – go through the camp chair guide for a potential buyer, understand its important aspects, find one which suits your choices and the pocket and just go for it. So, enjoy making a health-friendly purchase!